• /_files/images/slideshow/priory/News/1DC1B96BCD40ABBF58E488FD4CAC3C3F.jpg
  • /_files/images/slideshow/priory/News/748D8D10AB4CE8A79EAF7768E428C704.jpg
  • /_files/images/slideshow/priory/News/trophy.jpg

Football Result - Year 8


Josh Harley Wilson

Ed Sharrock  Matthew Grice  John Walsh   Lewis  Emery

Shay Heap  Tobias Liversidge  Joe Nelson  Luis Adams

Knighton Moore  George Gratton

Sub  Lewis Woodall

Lincoln Christ's Hospital School - LCH kicked off against the wind and there were several attempts at goal at both ends. After 5 minutes LCH managed to keep the ball low, passed through the LSST defence and past Josh in goal to go 1-0 up.

Priory LSST battled in midfield and made some long passes using the wind to put pressure on LCH goalkeeper.

After 8 minutes LSST were awarded a freekick some 5 yards outside the LCH penalty area. The kick was taken by John Walsh but went narrowly over the bar. LSST continued to pressure and Knighton Moore had a long range effort well saved by the LCH keeper. LSST made use of the wind with many long balls over the LCH defence and from one of these when the LCH defence tried to make a back pass to their goalkeeper, Lewis Woodall was alert and managed to elude the goalkeeper and calmly slot the ball in the net for a well earned equaliser.

Half time  1-1

LSST kicked off against the wind and tried to play the ball on the ground especially through the midfield of Shay , Tobias, Joe and Luis. They managed to thread the ball through on several occasions for forwards Knighton and George to run onto. From one such pass, Knighton appeared to be through on goal but was caught by a quick footed defender and the chance went begging.

The wind was a problem and LCH long balls caused our defence to come under sustained pressure but continued to work well together , Ed , John . Matthew and Lewis all keeping LCH at bay.

On 54 minutes a long ball by LCH caught out the LSST defence and Josh made a wonderful 1 on 1 save when it looked as though we would concede.

Finally in the last 3 minutes LSST were awarded a free kick and it was taken by Ed. He swung it in for John to rise high and loop a header over the LCH keeper only for a defender to head it off the line with the keeper beaten.

The game ended 1-1 with both teams playing well under the windy conditions, no injuries and our boys represented the school proudly.


Well done to all involved

    The Priory Federation of Academies, Lincoln